Monday, April 20, 2009

10 Things I Like About Summer

Like my mother, I dread the heat of Fresno summers. In an effort to psych myself up for the upcoming heat, I have decided to think positively. So, after great effort, I have compiled a list of ten things I like about the summer:

10. Melon (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.)
9. Ice cream
8. 4th of July
7. Flip-flops
6. The idea of running through the sprinklers with my boys
5. Ice cold drinks from Sonic during Happy Hour (if they still do that....I'm sensing a trend with the edible items here.......)
4. A long growing season, I've been told, as we've never had much success in gardening. Our fingers are crossed for this year, though!
3. Barbeques
2. Cold(er) showers
1. Only that many more months until cool weather in the fall!!

I'm going to tag my mom and see if she can dig down and come up with ten items. :)

4 comments:

  1. 10 things I like about Summer is Christie's chocolate chip cookies X 10 !! Thank You Grant they were so good !! You should sell them, the only problem would be I would be broke and ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive outlook, I hate the heat! Yesterday was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Happy Hour at Sonic too! We also love going to the lake during the summer. We only have a small blow up raft with oars. We go in the afternoon on a week day and take a picnic dinner. We just play in the sand and water. It is great! We also love to make snow cones. We have an electric snow cone maker and about 20 different syrups. We make them almost every afternoon. It is a great way to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitting in the shade with a glass of homemade lemonade...David loves the heat...I long for a constant 80 degrees.......

    ReplyDelete