Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
I've been tagged by my mom to post things about my husband. He is such a wonderful husband, and I'm lucky to have him in my life.
5 of Ryan's Favorite Things (not ranked in order of importance):
1. College football games on TV
2. Playing with the boys
3. A clean garage
4. Being with family
5. Watching movies we've never seen before with me at night when the kids are in bed.
5 things on his TO DO list:
1. Build a hobbit hole in the backyard (seriously....he has the "plans drawn up")
2. Finish the backyard (i.e. plant a garden, get rid of the bermuda grass, put in irrigation and sod, etc.)
3. Get his bachelor's degree
4. Start his own company
5. Take me to Holland
5 Favorite Snacks:
1. Swedish Fish
4. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
5. Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough
5 Facts you might not know about him:
1. He can speak Dutch fluently
2. He has his contractor's license
3. He did dance in high school
4. His eyes have very unique pigmentation and color, and an eye doctor told him that he had never seen anything like them and that if he were to make an "eye calendar", Ryan's eyes would be featured.
5. He loves the book (and A&E movie) Pride and Prejudice
5 Quirky Things:
1. He thinks that wearing socks is only acceptable if you're also wearing shoes. He will go barefoot inside in the winter and NEVER will sleep with socks on. One of the most repulsive things to him are those socks with individual compartments for each toe.
2. He feels strongly about the difference between dish towels and hand towels.
3. He has an aversion to curry because of a lady he encountered on his mission whose home reeked of curry. Apparently she used it quite liberally in her cuisine.
4. He doesn't like wearing long sleeves (except at church) and will always roll up his sleeves, even in the dead of winter.
5. He likes being the one "in charge" of the remote control of the TV, or the "squirter" as his dad calls it.
Last weekend we planted some fruit trees in our backyard, and the boys got ahold of the hose. Consequently, a lot of mud was formed, and we let the boys go wild in it since they were already so wet and dirty. I have never seen them more filthy or more happy! Luckily it was an unusual 70 degrees that day.