Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Hubby


I've been tagged by my mom to post things about my husband. He is such a wonderful husband, and I'm lucky to have him in my life.

5 of Ryan's Favorite Things (not ranked in order of importance):
1. College football games on TV
2. Playing with the boys
3. A clean garage
4. Being with family
5. Watching movies we've never seen before with me at night when the kids are in bed.

5 things on his TO DO list:
1. Build a hobbit hole in the backyard (seriously....he has the "plans drawn up")
2. Finish the backyard (i.e. plant a garden, get rid of the bermuda grass, put in irrigation and sod, etc.)
3. Get his bachelor's degree
4. Start his own company
5. Take me to Holland
5 Favorite Snacks:
1. Swedish Fish
2. Nachos
3. Popcorn
4. Homemade chocolate chip cookies
5. Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough

5 Facts you might not know about him:
1. He can speak Dutch fluently
2. He has his contractor's license
3. He did dance in high school
4. His eyes have very unique pigmentation and color, and an eye doctor told him that he had never seen anything like them and that if he were to make an "eye calendar", Ryan's eyes would be featured.
5. He loves the book (and A&E movie) Pride and Prejudice

5 Quirky Things:
1. He thinks that wearing socks is only acceptable if you're also wearing shoes. He will go barefoot inside in the winter and NEVER will sleep with socks on. One of the most repulsive things to him are those socks with individual compartments for each toe.
2. He feels strongly about the difference between dish towels and hand towels.
3. He has an aversion to curry because of a lady he encountered on his mission whose home reeked of curry. Apparently she used it quite liberally in her cuisine.
4. He doesn't like wearing long sleeves (except at church) and will always roll up his sleeves, even in the dead of winter.
5. He likes being the one "in charge" of the remote control of the TV, or the "squirter" as his dad calls it.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you mentioned the thing about the curry. Dad loves that Curry Chicken thing from Japan. haha...what if we would have made that sometime for dinner? well, I know Ryan...he would have politely eaten it. but, I'm so glad to know now. It's definitely one of those spices you either love or hate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...next time I see Ryan I'm going to stare into his eyes and check out those interesting colors. What colors are they?

    Love your music selections too. I might have to put some on my playlist. I love the Les Mis stuff.

    OH!!! I WANT A HOBBIT HOLE TOO!!!! I didn't know there were plans in your possession of a Hobbit Hole!!! How fun!!!

    So glad you have a blog now.
    We need to get Leslie busy on hers. She's too busy these days though.

    love you so much Christi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, what a cute blog you have. What I didn't know about Ryan! I will definately have to check out those eyes. And the hobbit hole? I might just be short enough to get into one!!! You guys are an adorable couple with adorable children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with him on the sock thing!! I hate wearing them too!

    Now you've said that about his eyes, you have to post pictures!!

    (I'm so excited to have found your new blog... was just looking at your mums and saw you were on there now! I hear about you from her lots, but know I get to experience some things first hand... hope you don't mind.)

    Stella
    x

    ReplyDelete