Thursday, March 19, 2009

Some comforting (and humorous) words from Brigham Young...

“I might say something with regard to the hard times. You know that I have told you that if any one was afraid of starving to death, let him leave, and go where there is plenty. I do not apprehend the least danger of starving, for until we eat up the last mule, from the tip of the ear to the end of the fly whipper, I am not afraid of starving to death. There are many people who cannot now get employment, but the spring is going to open upon us soon, and we are not going to suffer any more than what is for our good.”

Mmmmmm....mule........

I love how Brigham Young doesn't mince words.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder what the end of a fly whipper tastes like....chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My motto has always been you can never have too much garlic in food, or own to many Christmas decorations... but I wonder if even garlic could make mule taste good???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful that we have never had to find out what mule tastes like. That is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dip it in chocolate, like mule fondue,and I'll bet it is delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete